Do You Know What To Do After An Accident?
At Dilley Law Firm, we are dedicated to helping individuals after an accident. For more than four decades, we have represented accident victims in San Antonio and McAllen and throughout Texas. Our experience and knowledge of the claims process help us better protect you when filing a claim.
Steps To Take After An Accident
You cannot predict when an accident will happen, but you can be prepared in case of a crash. Do you know what to do after an accident? Listed below are the immediate steps you should take:
- Call for medical assistance if you think anyone is injured.
- Move your vehicle out of traffic if it is safe to do so.
- Call the police to report the crash.
- Exchange contact information with the other driver.
- Obtain contact information from any witnesses to the accident.
- Take photos of the damage and take notes to preserve your memories of what happened.
- Report the accident to your insurance company.
Contacting your insurance company is an important step, but be cautious when discussing the accident. It is best to talk to an attorney first before you say anything that could harm your claim with the insurance company.
We will help you through the entire process of filing a claim. We will even speak to the insurance company for you to make sure you are treated fairly under your policy.
Ask These Questions Before Hiring An Attorney
When hiring an attorney, ask yourself the following questions to determine if the lawyer is up to the challenge of taking on the insurance company:
- Is the attorney board-certified? We have an attorney who is certified in personal injury trial law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- How much experience does the attorney have? We have more than 40 years of experience handling all types of personal injury claims after an accident.
- How many trials has the attorney handled? Our board-certified attorney has handled more than 50 jury trials involving personal injury.
We are well-equipped to handle everything related to your car accident claim. We will help you find appropriate medical care and assist with filing a claim and pursuing legal action if necessary to maximize the amount of compensation you can receive.
Life after an accident is challenging, especially when you have injuries that need to be addressed right away. We will provide aggressive representation to help you get back on your feet. Call 210-255-2060 or fill out our online contact form to schedule a free consultation. Hablamos español.